Morning 10:30am to Noon Buddhist ceremony (Free and there’s self-service for lunch)
Starting 12:30pm Pageants Selection event including cultural performances.
Open to public. No registration required.
You are invited to Asian/Asian American Education Conference (AAEC) 2018, which will take place at Teachers College, Columbia University on April 21 (Saturday), 2018.
The theme of the conference is “Uncovering Hidden Voices: Power, Identity, and Culture in Asian/Asian American Studies.” AAEC 2018 aims to expand the traditional understanding of education by paying attention to the Asian/Asian American population whose voices and ways of knowing have been overlooked in Westernized notions of knowledge, culture, and research.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Registration
1:30 pm – 1:40 pm Opening
1:40 pm – 2:30 pm Keynote Address I: Dr. Hua-Yu Sebastian Cherng
2:30 pm – 2:40 pm Break
2:40 pm – 4:00 pm Paper Session I
- How teachers exert agency in the context of the Korean Curriculum Autonomy Policy: Yeonghwi Ryu
- Problems and Challenges of Resource Allocation in Beijing’s Early Childhood Education (ECE) under the Population Policy Adjustment: Qun Ma
- Improving Mental Health Literacy Through Mental Health Education Among North Korean refugees in South Korea: Vidal Yook
- Understanding Cultural Differences in Seven Key Social Skills: An Asian Pacific American Perspective: William Howe, Margot Margarones
4:00 pm – 4:10 pm Break
4:10 pm – 5:00 pm Keynote Address II: Dr. Carol Benson
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Paper Session II
- Contextualizing a higher education institution’s literary practices to its international students: Minhye Son
- The Second Generation and the Past: Implications of Spaces of Learning Family Histories: Van Anh Tran
- Power of languages perceived by ethnolinguistic minorities who are ethnoreligious majority: A Case study of Indonesian Muslim college students: DooRhee Lee